3 April 2012: A quick update
If you don't have a special reason to download this version you would be better off with a new one.
As some of you may have noticed, despite releasing "the Other Side of Omskow" we didn't mention it anywhere, other than our twitter and this site. The reason for this is the fact that we have found a couple of serious problems immideately afer release, but were unable to provide fixes due to organization problems.
Of course, we cannot guarantee that we fixed all of the problems there is. But this is likely not going to be the last patch.
List of changes.
- Resources are now loaded from the archives faster.
- Added addiotional info to crash reports.
- Removed some of the mysterous uncommented numbers from the logs.
- When installed from a deb package the game no longer tries to write crash reports where it is installed, settling on user's home directory.
- Fixed black screen instead of easy difficulty ending.
- Fixed the guard in tutorial not letting the player enter the door in some cases.
- Fixed the crash on accessing the "custom map" menu without any custom maps present.
- Fixed menu appearance and other problems with pressing keys while loading.
- A version of the game installed from a deb package no longer considers its files modified and can send scores online.
- A version of the game installed from a deb package can now run custom maps.
This patch only fixes the problems that we ourselves have noticed, not the ones our players have found out. Next one is going to take a bit longer.
Copy the contents to the game directory and rebuild it if you have built it befre. Deb package can only be redownloaded.
If you don't have a special reason to download this version you would be better off with a new one.blog comments powered by Disqus